Words to Action: Why Inclusivity Matters for SDG Implementation in FCAS
Why Inclusivity Matters for Implementation of SDGs in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Countries
The principle of inclusivity is vital to delivering the SDGs in societies affected by conflict and fragility. Where state-society relations are weak and where state institutions lack capacity, the meaningful involvement of civil society holds a pivotal key to ensuring whole-of-society ownership and implementation of the transformative SDGs. Yet while a consensus around the need for greater inclusivity in the design and implementation of policy has emerged in recent years, unique challenges remain in contexts affected by conflict and fragility. On 21 March 2018 CSPPS and its member organization FriEnt will organize a session during the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development in Bonn, Germany to reflect on why inclusivity matters for SDGs implementation in conflict and fragile affected states. Session panelists will share lessons learned from the New Deal implementation in Fragile and Conflict-Affected States (FCAS). The session will also review new evidence why decisive action is needed for anchoring inclusive processes as part of the localization of the 2030 Agenda in FCAS.
- Mr. Thomas Helfen, BMZ, OECD-DAC INCAF Co-Chair
- Ms. Gwendolyn Myers, Executive Director, Messengers of Peace, Liberia
- Mr. Habib Mayar, Deputy Secretary General, g7+
- Mr. Eckhard Volkmann, Deputy Director, Inclusive Peace and Transition Initiative
- Ms. Kathryn Nwajiaku, Head, IDPS Secretariat
- Mr. Peter van Sluijs, Senior Strategist at Cordaid and CSPPS Coordinator (Moderator)
The discussion will bring together representatives from government, civil society and international partners working in fragile and conflict-affected countries.
- Follow organisers on Twitter: @idps_cspps | @FriEnt_news | @IntDialogue
- Hashtags: #SDGglobalFest #ACT4SDGs #SDGs
- Facebook: Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding
For more information on this session please contact the CSPPS Secretariat: email@example.com.