Voices of SDG16+ Stories for Global Action: Call for Submissions
Are you working to build peaceful, just and inclusive societies? Have you been working to promote women’s political participation? Have you been supporting local-level work to improve access to justice?
The United Nations committed to achieving peaceful, just, and inclusive societies through Sustainable Development Goal 16+ (SDG16+), which is part of the 2030 Agenda’s call to achieve peace and sustainable development in every country around the world. To achieve this, we all have an important part to play.
No matter how small our actions may seem to us, when we put them together, these stories can have great power. We want to hear how you are taking part in the global movement working to build peaceful, just and inclusive societies.
We are asking for submissions of short videos to tell your story. From small initiatives making a difference in your community, to a national awareness-raising campaign, to work at a global or regional level – the best videos will be showcased at an event during the United Nations High- Level Political Forum in July, with selected candidates sponsored to attend in person.
Submission deadline: Wednesday May 15th, 2019 by 6:00pm EST
*Videos received after the deadline are eligible to be showcased but will not be considered for subsidised participation in the event.*
The more creative, the better
Entries should demonstrate any innovative and/or inspiring approaches to using SDG16+ in a practical way. The more creative, the better!
There is no need to use any professional equipment – videos can be shot on any standard smart phone. See a sample video here.
Entries should also:
- demonstrate how you have worked to achieve peace, justice, and inclusive institutions through action in your community
- tell us and show us who is doing the work
- briefly explain (and if possible show) the context you are working in and challenges you face.
- demonstrate what is being done to address these challenges, and how SDG16+ has helped in overcoming them.
- mention how this action can continue in the future.
- Only entries submitted via the correct platform will be considered.
- The video must be no longer than four minutes. Entries that do not adhere to this will not qualify.
- If it is found that any entrant has knowingly provided false information, the entry will be disqualified.
- Include a brief written description supporting your video submission.
- Please title video submission as: name of organisation_video
What happens if you’re chosen?
- The chosen entries will be showcased at an event at the UN High-Level Political Forum in New York in July 2019.
- A selection of chosen entries will be sponsored to attend the event during the UN High-Level Political Forum in July 2019 in person.
- Runner-up entries will be shared on the social media channels of partner organisations. By submitting an entry, you give permission for your video to be shared and used with the appropriate credit.
- You may submit more than one entry showcasing different stories of your SDG16 work.
- Entrants are free to use the title ‘Voices of SDG16+: stories for global action’ in publicity for their video once it has been submitted.
By submitting an entry, you give permission for this information to be shared and affirm you have received the consent of everyone shown in the video. We will be in touch with any submissions to ensure that consent for all individuals shown in videos has been received. Read the terms & conditions here.
This project is in partnership with Saferworld, TAP network and the International Peace Institute.
Please check the website of the Voices of SDG16+ Stories for Global Action campaign.